We believe that the following issues should be prioritized:
- All children and young people are entitled to a childhood free from drugs. Adults are entitled to a drug-free workplace. Everyone is entitled to a drug-free traffic and drug-free public places. Prevention and early intervention in school, in the neighbourhood, at work and in traffic, and drug policy the main question.
- Maintain the ban on hard/illicit drugs and UN drug conventions.
- Improved care and treatment.
- Faster and more efficient classification of new drugs.
The IDDRAP adheres to Article 33 of the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child that states:
- States Parties shall take all appropriate measures, including legislative, administrative, social and educational measures, to protect children from the illicit use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as defined in the relevant international treaties, and to prevent the use of children in the illicit production and trafficking of such substances. September 1990
DRUG-FREE SCHOOL PROJECT
– Our most important projects
Effective drug education and prevention programs which IDDRAP do enforce in Primary, Secondary and Tertiary schools through the introduction of Drug-Free Club which makes the pupils and students to know The Truth About Drugs, what Drugs really are and what they do. Project drug-free school help and support schools in their drug prevention efforts focus on improving the school’s action plan and drug policy. More and more schools are asking for drug education and preventive program. We support and assist schools in this work with the aim of organizing competitions which enhance learning and promote drug-free lifestyle in schools and communities.
LIST OF SCHOOLS WE HAVE VISITED AND INTRODUCED DRUG-FREE CLUB
Aladumo International (Nur/Pri) School GRA Port Harcourt Rivers state
Aladumo International High School Omagwa Rivers state
Moses COT Schools Abuloma Rivers state
Emarid College Eneka Rivers state
Ave Maria International Academy Rumuodara Port Harcourt Rivers state
Stepping Stone Educational Centre D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Dietam International School Federal Housing Estate Port Harcourt Rivers state
Hallel College Airport road Rukpokwu Rivers state
Princess International College Omagwa Rivers state
Creamton School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Kingdom Heritage Model School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
ECWA Model Schools D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
The Nobles Academy College (NOBAC) D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Methodist Comprehensive High School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Methodist Nursery/Primary School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Rootway Comprehensive College D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Tender Dreams Academy D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Niger Grammar School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Girls Secondary School Orominike D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Community Sec. School Orominike D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Government Craft Centre Aba road D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
Model Primary School 1 D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
State Primary School Sangana Street D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
St. Thomas State School D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
State Primary School Orogbum 1 D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
State Primary School Orogbum 2 D/Line Port Harcourt Rivers state
C. S. S Aka Offot Akwa Ibom state
Uyo High School Uyo Akwa Ibom state
Livingstone Academy Calabar Cross River state
Government Sec. School Akim Calabar Cross River state
DRUG-FREE COMMUNITY AWARENESS CAMPAIGN RALLY AND SEMINAR
IDDRAP has strategized to rid communities from illicit drug abuse, with sustained campaign to promote positive youth-oriented programmes and activities that promotes drug-free lifestyles through rally, education, counselling, advocacy, mentoring, livelihood empowerment, conferences, seminars, workshops, sports, media and entertainment.
IDDRAP does their “Drug-Free Awareness Campaign Rally and Seminar” at the markets, parks and town halls to reach out to people that intend to abuse or abusing drugs such as Marijuana, Tramadol and Codeine etc. which will help to reduce and eradicate drug abuse, illicit trafficking and other related social vices. It also creates peaceful co-existence and makes business/development to strive.